Guides & tips
Why Lots Of Homework Is Good: Tips For Students
While it seems that homework is useless and just a waste of time, it is actually a very important aspect of your development not only as a student but as a personality. Your attitude to home tasks is what will make it or break it for you. If you realize that potentially lots of homework is good for you, you will be able to gain the most out of those home assignments. Here are a few reasons to consider why homework is not only important, but also useful for you as a student
- 1. Homework gives you an opportunity to reinforce the information that you have learned and practice the new skills gained. The way human memory works is that we usually don’t remember things if we see or hear them once. When you follow up on your classroom studies with the home assignment you retain the information easier.
- 2. It improves memory and helps think creatively. When studying at home you do not have a teacher to give you the direction you need to follow. You need to remember what you have studied in class and build your further research independently.
- 3. It helps organize your work and use your time wisely. Time-management skills are one of the most important aspects of a successful career. With lots of homework at hand, you can learn and harness this imperative skill. You need to learn how to fit the most in the amount of time you have. This is what productivity is all about – intelligent distribution of time. Positive study habits will serve you well throughout your life.
- 4. It teaches you to take responsibility for your work. Independent learning is very important for students. In fact, the role of a tutor is to give you the guidelines only, all the rest of the work is yours. When you don’t have anybody to tell you what to do, eventually you learn to do it yourself.
- 5. Homework is a great opportunity to learn to use various outside resources, such as reference materials, libraries, educational websites, etc. Finding and sorting information will prove very useful in your future career.
- 6. Homework helps you integrate learning by applying various skills to one task. This way you will be able to see logical connections between the different subjects that you study
- 7. Home assignments help you get deeper into the subject and study up more on the aspects that interest you. This is impossible to do in the classroom environment.