Guides & tips
How To Focus On Homework For Hours: 5 Helpful Tips
The same thing happens every day: you need to complete your homework, but you get distracted after a few minutes. Don’t worry, it’s something normal and well known by any student. Even the best of them face times like this, but they find ways to overcome them. You can give up, or you can solve the problem in an effortless way. These 5 tips will help you concentrate:
- 1. Make your homework as early as possible. You just got home and you want to relax or meet your friend. Well, if you do this, you will have to complete your study in the evening, and this is not something good. At night, you are not able to focus as well as in the day time, so everything will seem much more difficult than it actually is. Try to study as soon as you get home, and then you can do whatever you like.
- 2. Use colored markers when you study. This is a technique used by many people, and it is really successful when you need to memorize a large volume of information in a short time. Emphasize the most important paragraphs with a bright color, and you will remember them much easier in school.
- 3. Remove the distractions. How do you want to focus when your phone is ringing, the dog is barking and the TV is on? All this needs to be away from you if you want to complete your homework fast. Tell your family that you have to study and you don’t want to be disturbed in the next hours.
- 4. Have all the materials close to you. If you have to get up from your desk every ten minutes to find a book, you will not be able to focus efficiently. Before you start studying, bring everything that you might need on your desk. Having them in front of you will make you more efficient.
- 5. Divide your homework. If you have to work on a long, complicated math exercise you will feel discouraged before you even begin. If you divide this exercise in a few smaller parts, it will seem much more simple and you will be optimistic. Besides, every time you will finish a part you will be more and more close to the end, and this will keep you focused for the entire time.